Analytics

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Post #5745 J

Pandemic Report

The latest stats from WaPo:

 The latest vaccine stats from CDC:

 

 So it looks like a call of a top to the Omicron BA.2 wave was a bit premature We are roughly at 113K new cases daily. However, with summer approaching, more outdoor activity, I expect if this isn't near the top, we are approaching it. No update yet on Novavax's vaccine approval or Pfizer/Moderna vaccine approval for young kids. Some global signs of loosening masking/other policies in New York and internationally (European travel/China).

Other Notes

I had to pick up some prescriptions yesterday and noticed a gas station across the street I've sometimes used was posting 4.99/gallon unleaded. Yikes! Now I probably average 52+ mpg on my hybrid and working mostly at home, I'm not putting a lot of miles on the car. On a brighter note, the price for a dozen eggs at Lidl's has dropped below $2.  One benefit of Scan 'N Go at Sam's Club: the shelf price wasn't current, and I almost bought 3 dozen eggs at over $10. A quick swipe and it was off my checkout list.

Readership on the blog is still sluggish; I did have a recent 100+ pageview day which offset a low prior week. With 3+ weeks left, it's difficult to say yet if I'm heading for a third consecutive multi-year low.

Well, I have to say on WWE, I didn't anticipate Edge's Judgment Day heel faction to turn on him. .Oh, it's not that surprising in the sense he lorded over the faction, sitting on a throne, etc. And Balor's joining the faction had been predicted, although most seemed to think Balor would turn on Styles in the Hell in a Cell PPV/premium event. Still, I thought Balor would resort to his demon persona. Lots of rumors about Bray Wyatt and/or Bayley returning to WWE, but I haven't seen it yet. Now that Lashley has gone babyface, it was inevitable he would be seen as one of the few credible challengers to Reigns. On Hell in a Cell: that torn pectoral muscle thing on Rhodes made for an ugly massive purplish blob that almost hurt one's eyes to see.