Analytics

Thursday, November 25, 2021

Post #5449 M: Happy Thanksgiving!

 Quote of the Day

The twin killers of success are impatience and greed.
Jim Rohn  


Some Notes

This is a sentimental day for my family: my parents' anniversary is today, although my family doesn't celebrate it since Dad passed a few years back. The story was my maternal grandfather, a mom & pop grocer, told Mom that he wouldn't close the store on Saturday, one of his busy days, for his only daughter's wedding, so that's why the folks settled on the holiday of Thanksgiving.

I've normally reminded others that the communal ownership model was abandoned by the Pilgrims, although there is controversy over aspects of the libertarian talking point

SOHO Debate on Intellectual Property

Sowell on the Progressive Era

Ivermectin Prescription Writing Doctor Has Hospital Privileges Stripped

Choose Life

Political Cartoon

Courtesy of Al Goodwyn via Townhall

Musical Interlude: Christmas Songs

This is a periodic reminder that I often select songs in this segment based on published lists, e.g., Wikipedia publishes lists of #1 hits for each year based on Billboard and/or other sources. This year I'm referencing a list from Good Housekeeping on Christmas performances. 

Bing Crosby, "White Christmas"