Analytics

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Post #5163 Social Media Digest

 Facebook

[I have a nephew engineer who works at SpaceX. Now in a weird way we have a connection in that I've worked at 2 NASA locations (Clear Lake City and GSFC) as an IT contractor. We have not discussed his work, and I've been publicly critical of CEO Elon Musk as a crony capitalist in my blog and on Twitter. (I don't even think I've discussed it directly with him; I don't even know if he is aware of my opinion.

The context of the following comment is his proud dad, my brother-in-law, frequently posts on the latest successful SpaceX mission. His latest NASA/SpaceX joint mission success came with a jingoist chant 'USA #1! USA #1!' I think in my salad days I might have joined in. These days my eyes roll, and I wrote the following:]

What's impressive is what the private market can do--faster, cheaper, better, more efficiently--without government interference.

Twitter