Analytics

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Post #5150 M: Ron Paul on Comparing China and the US; Tom Woods on the Two Nations of COVID

 Quote of the Day

While the right to talk may be the beginning of freedom, 
the necessity of listening is what makes the right important.
Walter Lippmann  

Ron Paul on Comparing China and the US

Tom Woods on the Two Nations of COVID

Abbeville Institute This Week

Choose Life

Political Cartoon

Courtesy of AF Branco via Townhall

Musical Interlude: #1 Hits of 1974

Barbra Streisand, "The Way We Were". Let's be clear. I like Streisand's voice and much of her material (but her politics suck). (But seriously, dude: a later hit with the verse: "Love, soft as an easy chair..."?) My 14-month younger little sister thought Streisand was my favorite singer. I'm like, "Sis, how do you not know me?" I think one of the first albums I bought was a Diana Ross hits compilation. Not to make Streisand feel bad, but there were many other female singers I also loved: Petula Clark, Dolly Parton, Dusty Springfield, Linda Ronstadt, the female leads for ABBA, Olivia Newton John, Tina Turner, Janis Joplin, etc.