Analytics

Saturday, February 20, 2021

Post #5029 Social Media Digest

Facebook

My Navy buddy Bill recently got his first COVID-19 vaccine shot in Florida. Here is a photo of the line in front of him:


One of his Facebook friends posted a personal question, and I adlibbed a response:






Twitter

For a long period recently I had averaged over 1000 impressions/views a day for my tweets. That's nothing for someone who has hundreds of thousands of followers (like the celebrity below), but I still have fewer than 10 on the current/new(er) account.  I haven't had a "viral Tweet", my definition for a 1K impression tweet, for a few weeks now  (My top tweet is like 400+ impressions.) I do write several tweets without regard to trending topics, but one of the best ways to build an audience is by posting on trending topics. And so I've been in a statistics slump over the last few weeks. And part of it has to do with the nature and extent of trends, most of which I haven't been interested in.

Probably the most famous celebrity to flame me on Twitter. (I had posted a tweet supporting COVID policy protesters on the Left Coast.) She's a well-known actress, e.g., played the lead on the multi-season show "Medium". It appears to be from her legit account.