Analytics

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Post #4643 M: Biden on Criminal Justice Reform; Solidarity With the Hong Kong Protesters

Quote of the Day

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. 
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
Marianne Williamson  

Biden on Criminal Justice Reform



Solidarity With the Hong Kong Protesters



Tom Woods and Comedian Dave Smith



Choose Life

I came very close today to embedding a video of a pregnancy announcement, only to discover the woman later experienced a miscarriage. There is no way I can check video collages, and tragedies can occur later in a pregnancy (like a niece who miscarried in her 19th week). As the familiar reader may know, the oldest of my sisters, an RN, wrote a letter (not yet in the email age) announcing her second pregnancy. I immediately called to congratulate her; she broke down crying, handing the phone to her husband, who somberly told me she had miscarried earlier that day. I had no way of knowing, of course, but the timing of my call hit her at her most vulnerable.



Political Cartoon

Courtesy of AF Branco via Townhall


Musical Interlude: The Beatles

"Michelle". One of my personal favorites (maybe in part because it includes some French (my first language) words), oddly never released as a single in the US (weird, because I had heard the song hundreds of times in my youth) although it was released and topped the charts in a few countries (it did win a Best Song Grammy)