Analytics

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Post #4441 M: Block on Trump's Tariffs; Woods on Robots and Jobs

Quote of the Day

Nothing will ever be attempted, if all possible objections must first be overcome.
Samuel Johnson 

Walter Block on Trump's Tariffs

I'm currently writing a separate post on libertarians and Trump, and Walter Block is arguably the most venerable libertarian icon alive today. I have occasionally referenced him in the blog. To my dismay, Block led a group of Libertarians For Trump in 2016 (needless to say, Block did not convince me), which he acknowledges in this clip. No, Block is not a Trumpkin when it comes to basic economic constructs like free trade.



Woods on Robots and Jobs



Bob Murphy on Conservatives



Choose Life



Political Cartoon

Courtesy of Gary Varvel via Townhall


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

David Bowie, "Modern Love"