Analytics

Monday, January 13, 2020

Post #4423 M: Assassination-Gate; The First Amendment and Privacy; War Sucks

Quote of the Day

Become a student of change. It is the only thing that will remain constant.
Anthony J. D'Angelo  

Assassination-Gate



The First Amendment and Privacy



War Sucks

My Dad, a USAF jet mechanic, served during two wars: Korea and Vietnam. I remember being a preteen with 6 younger siblings when Dad went to Vietnam. I knew he wouldn't be on the front line, but I knew he would be in a war zone and might not come back alive. We and other dependent families lived on an Army post in Kansas. One of my neighborhood friends lost his Dad. My Mom always said Dad's SE Asian war experience changed him and he refused to talk about it. I privately opposed the war but as a military brat, I kept my opinions to myself. I did privately confront him on the issue years later (I was not happy with collateral damage of bombing runs, etc.; did he enable these efforts?) My Dad sat silently, letting me vent.



Choose Life



Political Cartoon

Oh my God! The last few weeks in the wake of the impeachment and the assassination of the Iranian general, the "conservative" cartoonists have been unbearable; I refuse to embed Trumpkin cartoons. Do not be surprised if in future daily posts I do not find cartoons worthy of being republished over the coming weeks and this feature does not appear. The cartoon below reflects my pushback against Democrats who constantly tweet about the "good old days" under Barry Obama. I would have phrased things differently, but it's in the neighborhood.
Courtesy of Bob Gorrell via Townhall


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Alanis Morissette, "You Learn". Probably my favorite single off "Jagged Little Pill".