Analytics

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Post #3660 M

Quote of the Day

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, 
which is but saying that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.
Alexander Pope  

Ron Paul and Stossel On "Is the Libertarian Moment Over?"

In this clip Ron Paul makes a passing reference to Lockheed Martin's F-35. Not much I can say about the aircraft. I have seen one in person (the military has a number of airshows). I think my late Dad, a retired USAF jet mechanic, would have been a fan.  I remember reading how a software upgrade last year in Yuma, AZ resulted in the short-term grounding of over a dozen aircraft (not for intrinsic safety reasons, but the software behind the aircraft had issues). Lockheed claimed that the upgrade had been successfully previously rolled out to several military bases with the same fighter model. As a former MIS professor, I am appalled. I do not have any respect for incompetent Lockheed management or IT professionals. The American taxpayer should not be footing the bill for poor design, missed schedules or budget overruns.



Stossel On the College Scam




Creative Destruction Hits the Toy Market

Back in the days my 21 nephews and nieces were little kids and I went out to buy gifts, I often shopped at Toys 'R Us (not well-disguised by FEE). When my youngest grandniece was born over 7 months ago (I wish I could post her latest picture here--she is unbelievably cute), I picked out a small gift via Amazon after reading product reviews, etc., most likely an item that wouldn't have been stocked in most brick and mortar toy stores.



Corrupt Anti-Competitive Municipality Laws




Political Cartoon


Via FB

Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Sting, "If I Ever Lose My Faith In You". My favorite Sting tune.