Analytics

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Post #3656 M

Quote of the Day

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions 
and the one we take the least thought about acquiring - 
La Rochefoucauld  

A Veteran of George W Bush's War in Iraq




Military Families Deserve Education Choice




Sowell On a Simple Test on Whether Marxism Is True




I've Been in That Building

It was under false pretenses; they claimed to be recruiting for a contractor DBA but when I got there, they claimed the position wasn't theirs (yet), but it was tied up. I'm not sure what game they were playing (e.g., sometimes there is a policy you have to interview X number of candidates, and they've already made their decision). But I wouldn't have spent $10+ in Metro transit and parking, not to mention fighting Beltway traffic, and half a day in interviewing for a phantom job; it's immoral. They never followed up, of course. Of course, working under the Department of Education would have been a mixed blessing, because I believe the federal government has no such mandate. But at the time I was looking for a job.



Political Cartoon


Courtesy of the original artist via FB


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Sting, "We'll Be Together"