Analytics

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Miscellany: 7/17/16

Quote of the Day
Originality and the feeling of one's own dignity are achieved only through work and struggle.
Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Blog Note To Readers For the Next Couple of Weeks

Due to business-related travel and/or Internet accessibility issues, my publication schedule may be affected (later this week or next). I may set up some scheduled posts and try to edit them with additional content from hotels, but it is possible I may not maintain my daily schedule over the near future.

Tweet of the Day
Image of the Day



How Financial Regulators Kill Economic Growth



Jeff Deist, Mises.org Discusses Current Events



Political Cartoon

Courtesy of Ken Catalino via Townhall
Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Michael Jackson (with Siedah Garrett), "I Just Can't Stop Loving You". I remember the mad obsession with Jackson's follow-up to Thriller, Bad. I seem to recall this first track got leaked. While, Michael would never repeat the stunning commercial success of the former, the latter had more (5) #1's, including this track and also had 7 top hits, only one track (Another Part of Me) falling just outside the Top 10. Between 1983 and 1988, Jackson had 8 #1 hits and 15 Top 10 hits, an astounding period of pop dominance. What I didn't realize was Streisand and Houston passed up the opportunity to sing the duet.