Analytics

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Post #5299 M: McClanahan on the Field of Dreams; Why So Long to Leave Afghanistan

 Quote of the Day

The higher we soar, 
he smaller we appear 
to those who cannot fly. 
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche  

Political Cartoon

McClanahan on the Field of Dreams

Ha-ha! McClanahan and I differ on the 1991 Minnesota Twins. I LOVE the Twins; I mentioned in my most recent essay how I got kicked off my Little League team, the 1-19 Twins... I discovered there was a teal major league team called the Twins and weirdly got obsessed with them, although it wasn't until I was a young UWM junior professor before I ever visited the state. I remember when my Dad got assigned to SE Asia during the Vietnam War (in fact he was originally ordered to Vietnam), the rest of the family stayed in housing near Salina, KS. Somehow I caught a faint Iowa radio station broadcasting a thrilling extra inning victory against eventual champion Detroit.

Why So Long to Leave Afghanistan

Choose Life

Musical Interlude: #1 Hits of 1977

Mary MacGregor, "Torn Between Two Lovers"