Analytics

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Post #4250 Social Media Digest

Facebook

I think this was a thread in an individualism group basically applauding Trump's trade wars. I took exception.


This is sophistic crap. There is nothing moral with Trump'a mercantilist policies; Trump is totally obsessed with trying to maintain his Rust Belt coalition.which is politically corrupt. About half of imports are inputs for domestic producers. "Artificially low prices?" Pure propaganda.

Twitter

As I mentioned earlier this week on my daily post, Twitter suspended me on Labor Day for a third time, this time for a week for violating its community standards. It seems to involve the use of the term "retard", which was incidental to the tweet itself. I had published a tweet critical of union myths which get promoted each Labor Day. Some union/"progressive" troll decided to mock my classical liberal point of view by name-dropping Upton Sinclar, as if he or she presumptuously thought I wasn't aware of him. I responded by pointing out Sinclair's "The Jungle" ws a novel not based on first-hand experience and made reference to a relevant FEE article. I think my reply pulled in over 100 impressions (not bad for a non-celebrity reply tweet) before the Twitter gods cracked down on me.

It's not just that Twitter is managed by a bunch of hypocritical bastards. I see "progressives" use far more abusive language and outright smears (against Trump, Kavanaugh, etc.) routinely. If you throw hard against me, I'm throwing back twice as hard. Fuck Twitter's double standards!

I'm undecided on whether to return to Twitter and this could be my last post of original Tweets. It's never been my intent to go troll stomping on Twitter. There's not enough time in the day to shoot down every stupid "progressive" or Trumpkin Twitter user. I'm more likely to target a general theme on a trending hashtag than to repeat myself against specific trolls.

One idea I'm toying with is a variation of publishing adversarial content  outside Twitter under a format adapted from Art Linkletter, e.g., "Progressives write the darndest things".