Analytics

Saturday, October 3, 2026

Post #7874 J

 Endemic Report

The latest CDC weekly stats:


The
Sick Times:

The summer wave has peaked across most of the US. It is still increasing over northern states. Some, primarily blue states, have rolled out standing orders that don't require prescriptions for almost all state residents wanting COVID vaccine shots.  The Florida AG is targeting the claims of COVID vaccine producers.

Other COVID news items:

  • "7 Key Symptoms of the COVID-19 SW.2 Variant You Should Watch For This October

        1. Body aches

  • If you're feeling sore, even though you haven't hit the gym in a bit, beware!

    2. Congestion

    Your nose and sinuses may feel stuffy if you catch COVID-19 in October 2026.

    3. Dry cough

    The typical COVID dry cough that produces very little relief is another hallmark this month.

    4. Fatigue

    While you may or may not get that "bone tired" feeling from March 2026 variants, you will likely feel really sluggish if you get infected with COVID-19 this October.

    5. Fever

    Fever and chills that make it hard for you to feel comfortable will be common in October 2026 COVID infections from pretty much all common strains.

    6. Runny nose

    While some may get congested and stuffy noses, others may experience runny noses with SW.2 variants and those adjacent to it. Others who really hit the jackpot may get both. Awesome.

    7. Sore throat

    Thankfully, that "razor blade sore throat" seems to still be a thing of the past, but you'll likely still have some throat discomfort with October 2026 COVID strains

  •  COVID relief fraud/other  crimes:
  • Legal/political issues

Other Notes

The blog nearly averaged an unlikely 8K page reads. We'll probably break 400 posts this month, which I first achieved sustainably in 2016. A welcome minor surge in X/Twitter followers.

I have an annoying habit of occasionally deactivating my Lidl coupons without realizing it. They had a freebie coupon for butter cookies, which I wouldn't normally buy as a low-carber. So when the register tape didn't show a discount on the cookies I purchased, I double-checked my digital coupons. It stood unactivated. I remember activating it; somehow I must have fat-fingered the activation. It must have happened when I reviewed the coupon.

We are already heading into year-end holidays. AMC is running through its catalog of horror flicks before Halloween, and Great American Family will get the jump on Hallmark, starting their Christmas programming this coming weekend.