Analytics

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Post #5864 M: Stossel on Leftist Corruption of Science; Reason Interviews the Babylon Bee; The Gadsden Flag

 

Stossel on Leftist Corruption of Science

Reason Interviews the Babylon Bee

The Gadsden Flag

 Talk about the rattlesnake brings a couple of personal memories to me. I remember when UTEP recruited me to join the faculty, I got a pamphlet on how to survive a snake bite. 

Second, when I was in high school at a Texas border city suburb, the school (along with a nearby junior high) was only about a mile away in a straight line from the USAF west gate. The intervening land was owned by a local rancher. The rumor was the USG wanted to negotiate an easement across the land to the school but the rancher held out for too high a price. So the school buses had to drive a 3-mile horseshoe pattern around the property through downtown. We high school students often had to wait for junior high buses to return for pickup, and I remember one, maybe multiple times joining a fellow military brat walk across the ranch land back to the base. It wasn't great; cactus all over the place, and yes, hisses and ominous rattles all along the ways. I never spotted a rattler, thank God. After a few trips, I went solo. Not all the time over my 3 years (I earned my diploma early), but probably at least 1-2 dozen times. I never told Mom, of course.

Choose Life

Political Cartoon

 

                                                        Courtesy of Chip Bok via Townhall

Musical Interlude: #1 Hits of 1991

Amy Grant, "Baby, Baby"