Analytics

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Post #4815 Social Media Digest

 A Reader Stat Note

I'm sort of mystified and amused when a nearly 11-year blog post suddenly gets 30 or more pageviews over 2-3 days, better than any of my more recent posts. I have no idea; I had to pull up the post and much of it was a rant on Sarah Palin (but that's an inference). I haven't seen Palin in the news lately, so if that's what drew readers to the post, it puzzles me.

As observed, my hot Twitter stats have crashed lately. Part of it is a recent illness, but most of the trends haven't interested me.

Facebook

A couple of notes to one of my brothers-in-law:

Ronald A Guillemette (on disqualified PA mail-in ballots):

One of my research areas has been human factors/ergonomics, and I've published on usability design, basically designing for human error. It's just hilarious they didn't anticipate their "two envelope" problem. A hell of a time to figure out that they have usability problems with their ballots. Remember the infamous 2000 butterfly ballot in Florida

Ronald A Guillemette (on BIL agreeing with my estranged Trumpkin cousin that the election is going to be a shithole, based on the Pennsylvania kerfuffle):

Your statement is misleading. Trump has been incompetently and wrongly asserting massive voter fraud with mail-in ballots. There's no question in-person voting has better internal controls, ballot chain of custody, etc. But Trump knows more convenient balloting is not to his advantage and has been promoting insane, unsupported conspiracy theories. Note that I don't support Trump or Biden; I'll be voting for Jorgensen. But anyone who buys into Trump's crackpot self-serving BS is stupid.

Twitter