Analytics

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Post #3243 M

Quote of the Day

Who is more to be pitied, a writer bound and gagged by policemen, 
or one living in perfect freedom who has nothing more to say?
Kurt Vonnegut  

Some Blog Notes


At some point today I went through the 150K pageview mark. I suspect some of those numbers are inflated by hacker attacks against the blog, including Russians (which puzzles me because I don't really focus that much on Putin or other Russian issues). It's difficult to say because I've had occasional tweets go viral (up to 8000 impressions) and long stretches of averaging over 1000 impressions a day, not to mention profile checks (including a link  to the blog). I don't think Drudge or others are looking over their shoulders, but I seem to have a steady following for my rather unique blog format.

I will be relocating for work reasons over the weeks ahead and may preschedule some posts during that period

Tweet of the Day





Do Not Persecute Conspiracy Theorists



Work & Happiness




Facebook Corner


via Catholic Libertarians on FB


Well, obviously the first is particularly relevant to political whores and State bureaucrats. The second was clearly written by a "progressive" who doesn't speak of private-sector debt. Never mind the commandments against stealing and coveting a neighbor's goods and the fuller context of Romans 13:7 (Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.) Jesus taught free will; there is nothing voluntary about paying taxes, which the State imposes for self-serving purposes.

Political Cartoon


Courtesy of Bob Gorrell via Townhall


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Neil Diamond, "Soolaimon". Another personal high rotation Diamond hit. Magnificent driving chorus, nice percussion, arrangement, vocals, backing choir. It makes me want to go into my raspy voice register (like Rod Stewart or Joe Cocker).