Analytics

Saturday, December 20, 2008

200 Songs You Might Find On My Ipod Shuffle

[Ed. 6/9/12] I modified the post title from 'Shuttle' to 'Shuffle'. I thought the first generation device (in the shape of a pack of gum) was called the Shuttle; I'm not alone, e.g., "Perhaps I'm just misremembering the name but I was pretty sure that the gadget I have was called a SHUTTLE when I got it about three years ago. But perhaps it's always been called a Shuffle and I'm muddling up the name. Or maybe it was called a Shuttle originally and has now evolved into a Shuffle." Here's a web tutorial making use of the same name. It seems to be a common misspelling (perhaps the font used on original packaging?)

See here for a ranking of my current top 10 and 20 favorites.
  1. Beatles - "Yesterday"
  2. Beatles - "Something"
  3. Carpenters - "Close to You"
  4. Simon & Garfunkel - "Bridge Over Troubled Water"
  5. Elvis Presley - "If I Can Dream"
  6. BeeGees - "Run to Me"
  7. Bruce Springsteen - "Candy's Room"
  8. Elton John - "The One"
  9. Led Zeppelin - "All My Love"
  10. Beatles - "Help"
  11. John Denver - "Annie's Song"
  12. Rolling Stones - "Angie"
  13. Barry Manilow - "Could It Be Magic"
  14. Peter Gabriel - "In Your Eyes"
  15. Joe Cocker - "When the Night Comes"
  16. Bryan Adams - "Heaven"
  17. Diana Ross/Lionel Richie - "Endless Love"
  18. Debby Boone - "You Light Up My Life"
  19. John Denver/Placido Domingo - "Perhaps Love"
  20. Andrea Bocelli/Celine Dion - "The Prayer"
  21. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - "Woman in Love (It's Not Me)"
  22. Journey - "When You Love a Woman"
  23. Linda Ronstadt - "Dreams to Dream"
  24. Josh Groban - "Alla Luce del Sole"
  25. Donna Lewis/Richard Marx - "At the Beginning"
  26. Jim Brickman featuring Collin Raye - "The Gift"
  27. Foreigner - "I Want to Know What Love Is"
  28. BeeGees - "Tragedy"
  29. Boston - "More than a Feeling"
  30. Moody Blues - "Your Wildest Dreams"
  31. Aerosmith - "Angel"
  32. Amy Grant - "El Shaddai"
  33. Whitney Houston - "Only Man I Need"
  34. Bread - "If"
  35. Supremes - "Reflections"
  36. Ike and Tina Turner - "River Deep, Mountain High"
  37. Neil Sedaka - "The Immigrant"
  38. Foreigner - "Feels Like the First Time"
  39. Abba - "S.O.S."
  40. Electric Light Orchestra - "Do Ya?"
  41. Dave Mason - "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?"
  42. George Michael - "Father Figure"
  43. Neil Diamond - "America"
  44. Barry Manilow - "Mandy"
  45. Hollies - "He Ain't Heavy--He's My Brother"
  46. Neil Diamond - "Holly Holy"
  47. Patti Smith - "Because the Night"
  48. Alan Jackson - "Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)?"
  49. Lonestar - "Amazed"
  50. Elton John - "Blessed"
  51. Kenny Rogers - "Lady"
  52. Mary Chapin Carpenter - "Grow Old Along With Me"
  53. The Bangles - "Eternal Flame"
  54. Chicago - "Old Days"
  55. Cheap Trick - "The Flame"
  56. Art Garfunkel - "All I Know"
  57. Roy Orbison - "You Got It"
  58. Beatles - "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
  59. Rolling Stones - "She's a Rainbow"
  60. Boston - "Don't Look Back"
  61. Paul Anka - "Hold Me Til the Morning Comes"
  62. Bread - "Everything I Own"
  63. Neil Diamond - "Pretty Amazing Grace"
  64. Beatles - "Here, There and Everywhere"
  65. BBMak - "Ghost of You and Me"
  66. Chicago - "Love Me Tomorrow"
  67. Dan Fogelberg - "Rhythm of the Falling Rain"
  68. Heart - "Alone"
  69. Simon & Garfunkel - "My Little Town"
  70. Alabama/Lionel Richie - "Deep River Woman"
  71. Beach Boys - "Good Vibrations"
  72. Don Henley - "The Boys of Summer"
  73. Patti LaBelle - "If You Asked Me To"
  74. Steve Perry - "Oh, Sherrie"
  75. Diana Ross - "Do You Know (Theme from Mahogany)"
  76. Mick Jagger - "God Gave Me Everything I Want"
  77. Jim Croce - "I Got a Name"
  78. Lee Ann Womack - "I Hope You Dance"
  79. Barry Manilow - "The Old Songs"
  80. Bread - "Lost Without Your Love"
  81. Carpenters - "Bless the Beasts and the Children"
  82. Styx - "Lady"
  83. Beatles - "A Hard Day's Night"
  84. Faith Hill - "Where Are You Christmas?"
  85. Celine Dion - "It's All Coming Back to Me"
  86. Peter Frampton - "Signed, Sealed, Delivered"
  87. Four Tops - "Indestructible"
  88. Richard Harris - "MacArthur Park"
  89. Moody Blues - "I Know You're Out There Somewhere"
  90. Bobby Darin - "If I Were a Carpenter"
  91. Rolling Stones - "Paint It Black"
  92. Paul McCartney & Wings - "Maybe I'm Amazed"
  93. Natalie Cole - "Unforgettable"
  94. Survivor - "The Search is Over"
  95. Savage Garden - "Truly, Madly, Deeply"
  96. Lee Greenwood - "God Bless the USA"
  97. Dan Fogelberg - "Same Auld Lang Syne"
  98. Cat Stevens - "Morning Has Broken"
  99. Air Supply - "Two Less Lonely People in the World"
  100. Elvis Presley - "In the Ghetto"
  101. Pat Benatar - "Hell Is For Children"
  102. Roy Orbison - "Oh, Pretty Woman"
  103. Jackson Browne - "Somebody's Baby"
  104. Four Tops - "Baby I Need Your Loving"
  105. Jim Brickman featuring Michael W. Smith  - "Love of My Life"
  106. Mac Davis - "Whoever Finds This, I Love You"
  107. Anne Murray/Dave Loggins - "Nobody Loves Me Like You Do"
  108. Commodores - "Sail On"
  109. Looking Glass - "Brandy"
  110. Celine Dion - "To Love You More"
  111. Mariah Carey/Whitney Houston  - "When You Believe"
  112. Mark Schultz - "He's My Son"
  113. Hollies - "Stop in the Name of Love"
  114. Whitney Houston & Jermaine Jackson - "If You Say My Eyes Are Beautiful"
  115. Johnny Cash - "Sunday Morning Coming Down"
  116. Kenny Loggins - "Conviction of the Heart"
  117. John Stewart - "Midnight Wind"
  118. LeAnn Rimes - "I Need You"
  119. Eagles - "Desperado"
  120. Bruce Springsteen - "Born to Run"
  121. Glen Campbell - "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"
  122. Peter Cetera - "Glory of Love"
  123. Maureen McGovern - "The Morning After"
  124. Art Garfunkel - "I Only Have Eyes for You"
  125. Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass - "This Guy's in Love With You"
  126. Meat Loaf - "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad"
  127. Dan Fogelberg - "Longer"
  128. Kenny Rogers/Wynonna Judd - "Mary, Did You Know?"
  129. Neil Diamond - "Solitary Man"
  130. Little River Band - "Cool Change"
  131. Abba - "Knowing Me, Knowing You"
  132. Boxtops - "The Letter"
  133. B.J. Thomas - "Whatever Happened to Old-Fashioned Love"
  134. Diana Ross - "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"
  135. Lionel Richie - "Running with the Night"
  136. Alabama - "Feels So Right"
  137. Olivia Newton-John - "Have You Ever Been Mellow?"
  138. Petula Clark - "Downtown"
  139. Joan Osborne - "One of Us"
  140. Robert John - "Lonely Eyes"
  141. Abba - "Momma Mia"
  142. Andy Kim - "Rock Me Gently"
  143. Aerosmith - "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing"
  144. Rick Springfield - "Jessie's Girl"
  145. John Parr - "St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)"
  146. Faith Hill - "There You'll Be"
  147. Eric Clapton (original rock version) - "Layla" 
  148. Madonna - "Like a Prayer"
  149. Bonnie Tyler - "Total Eclipse of the Heart"
  150. Carpenters - "Superstar"
  151. Kiss - "I Was Made for Loving You"
  152. Dave Loggins - "Please Come to Boston"
  153. Journey - "Don't Stop Believing"
  154. Cat Stevens - "Remember the Days of the Old Schoolyard"
  155. Alan Parsons Project - "Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether"
  156. The Babys - "Everytime I Think of You"
  157. Meatloaf - "I'd Do Anything For You (But I Won't Do That)"
  158. Peter Cetera - "One Good Woman"
  159. Newsong - "Christmas Shoes"
  160. Eric Clapton - "My Father's Eyes"
  161. Procol Harum - "Conquistador"
  162. Kim Carnes - "Bette Davis Eyes"
  163. Glen Campbell - "Galveston"
  164. B.J. Thomas - "Don't Worry Baby"
  165. Frankie Valli - "My Eyes Adored You"
  166. Bruce Springsteen (Jerry McGuire mix) - "Secret Garden"
  167. Bing Crosby/David Bowie - "Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth"
  168. Elton John - "The Last Song"
  169. Carpenters - "Goodbye to Love"
  170. Foreigner - "Waiting for a Girl Like You"
  171. Bette Midler - "Wind Beneath My Wings"
  172. Cyndi Lauper - "True Colors"
  173. Remy Zero - "Save Me"
  174. Beach Boys - "God Only Knows"
  175. Joshua Kadison - "Jessie"
  176. David Cassidy/Partridge Family - "I Think I Love You"
  177. Peter Frampton - "I'm In You"
  178. Abba - "The Winner Takes It All"
  179. Dolly Parton/Kenny Rodgers - "Once Upon a Christmas"
  180. Supremes - "I Hear a Symphony"
  181. Bob Carlisle - "Butterfly Kisses"
  182. Neil Diamond - "Brooklyn Roads"
  183. Madonna - "Frozen"
  184. America - "I Need You"
  185. Elton John - "Believe"
  186. Theme from "Beauty and the Beast" - Episode Intro / "The First Time I Loved Forever"
  187. Willie Nelson/Sinead O'Connor - "Don't Give Up"
  188. Rick Astley - "Cry for Help"
  189. Joe Cocker  - "You Are So Beautiful"
  190. Eddie Money - "Take Me Home Tonight"
  191. Michael Jackson - "Man in the Mirror"
  192. Charlene - "I've Never Been to Me"
  193. Four Tops - "Reach Out I'll Be There"
  194. Seals & Crofts - "The First Years" (Theme from "Paper Chase")
  195. Paul Anka - "Having My Baby"
  196. Harry Chapin - "Cat's in the Cradle"
  197. Journey - "Faithfully"
  198. Don Williams - "I Believe in You"
  199. Neil Sedaka - "Laughter in the Rain"
  200. Kenny Loggins - "For the First Time"