Analytics

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Post #6598 J

 Pandemic Report

The latest CDC weekly summary:


 The latest daily from Worldometer:


The COVID-fall/winter surge remains elevated but thankfully apparently past its peak nationally. Note that your locale may differ.

A few related notes of interest:

Other Notes

After a cloudburst of blog pagevuews early week, rhe rest of the week saw lackluster readership. Twitter/X readership also dragged to a more suspect level--like a long string of over a dozen posts or tweets with under a handful of impressions, leading for me to believe I'm being shadow banned. I mean like just a tenth of my small number of followers on top trends. It's hard to tell what's going on because, one of those tweets got a like from an unfamiliar account, and in the middle of the streak one tweet got a decent number of impressions.

I suspect a hostile actor is  targeting my Internet connections. I had some technical issues with apps and cloud accounts with my paid VPN service. Over the week I had chronic network stability issues. Long story short, my ISP denied  any issue but replaced my router and patch cord. If I still have a problem, they suggested my PC might be experiencing a hardware failure. But soon thereafter it was clear the issue didn't have to do with the replaced components. I started looking for a more recent budget desktop. I tried another VPN setup which had been tricky in the past. After some configuration stability issues, all of a sudden my network connection problems have seemingly gone away, not so much as a hiccup in hours. This doesn't mean the problem is resolved; there could still be failing hardware but I noticed the problems picked up again when I stopped the VPN

As I write, I'm watching the Royal Rumble, the WWE's first PLE since Survivor Series. The women's Rumble match was entertaining. I felt sorry for Chelsea Green who got mercilessly squashed repeatedly before getting tossed out of the ring. Besides the expected return of Naomi, we saw the late return of Liv Morgan. I hate to say it but her intro giggle reminds me of Trish Stratus'. But the one I really enjoyed seeing was the former AEW champion Jade Cargill, who has a distinctively muscular physique, similat to Bianca Belair and Ivy Nile. Bayley won, which I fully expected; I think WWE has been teasing an implosion of Bayley's heel faction, Damage Control, Another faction member holds rhe Smackdown women's title.