Analytics

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Post #5639 J

 Pandemic Report

The latest stats from WashPo:

 The latest vaccine stats from CDC:

 

 

 

 Well, the stats continue to decline. We finally dipped below 30K new cases/day rolling average. I'm still concerned about COVID-19 flareups/shutdowns in Europe and China, which will likely exacerbate global supply chain problems contributing to inflation. Probably the biggest news domestically is it looks like the FDA is likely to approve a second booster for older adults (including my age group). It may come without an official recommendation. I'm seeing a continuing trend of declining coverage of the pandemic in the media; my health/science emails increasingly cover other topics; I listen to a number of Sunday talk show podcasts, and I think I've heard Fauci only once over the past few weeks; I haven't heard the culture wars over masking and vaccines over the last few days, few new relevant hot trends on Twitter. I have noticed some fraud investigations popping up, related to federal COVID-19 relief spending.

Other Notes

Blog readership continues to be in a slump; the first 28 days of March haven't even matched last month's already low numbers. Occasionally I'll have strong days (say, over 100 pageviews), but barring a month-end surge, it's unlikely I'll hit my unofficial target of 2K pageviews. I'll probably exceed my 12-month low. I don't write for the stats, but it is demoralizing. I think I've written some of my best pieces over the past few weeks.

I added a new podcast to my subscriptions for the first time in a while: Justin Amash. I also follow him on Facebook and Twitter.

I'm whittling down my "Good Morning Liberty" backlog, now down to under 80 episodes (not in chronological order).  It's rather odd listening to the episodes like I have. In the early episodes, they used to call it "the Big Freedom Show" and had a third host/partner (King?); a trademark gimmick had been "the Whiskey of the Week". I'm not exactly sure how the podcast transitioned, but apparently Nate Thurston hasn't touched alcohol for a couple of years now, and they haven't done the early gimmick for some time.