Analytics

Friday, October 15, 2021

Post #5391 M: I've Been Boosted; Stossel on Harvard's Discrimination Against Asian-Americans

 Quote of the Day

The truth doesn't hurt 
unless it ought to.
B. C. Forbes 

I've Been Boosted

Technically I was eligible for the COVID-19 booster on October 2. For some reason, I thought I had to wait until December (my birth month). (I'm eligible for a couple of reasons, including a health reason.) Oddly enough, it was a robocall from the State of Maryland that snapped me out of it.

So this time I didn't have to drive an hour to Laurel. Could I get a booster at Walmart, just a 2-3 mile drive away? I knew they had the regular shots? I called up the pharmacy and was told yes, and they do drop-ins but  preferred registering online. It's not really integrated with the pharmacy website I normally use, bur a Google search got me there. I then went through probably over a dozen screens, including whether I had some disqualifying  condition. But it turned out I could schedule an appointment at 7:20 PM last night, only a few hours from registration.

At first I  wasn't sure where to go; it's not like there was a sign for "immunizations here". But I could do it at the drop-off window (maybe the main queue, too). But the registration didn't stop the paperwork (I don't require this much paperwork for my regular shots, 2 forms, including one for the booster, much of it what I had done in registration. Then finally I was told to come back in 15 minutes because they had to take the dose out of cold storage. Interestingly, they first applied a circular bandage and shot through the clear center.

And yes, I'm feeling it today, Breakfast was normal, but I later started developing a mild fever, some chills, I was tired and lethargic. I took 2 naps and am not touching any food right now. Things seem to be improving. I remember my second Pfizer shot had similar side effects; of course, your mileage may vary.  but I recall I was back to normal in 2 days.

Still, I'm glad I did it, and I would encourage all eligible people to do the same at their earliest convenience. Oh, and of course, Walmart and others don't charge for COVID-19 shots.

Stossel on Harvard's Discrimination Against Asian-Americans

Abbeville Institute This Week

Choose Life

Political Cartoon

Courtesy of Chip Bok via Townhall

Musical Interlude: #1 Hits of 1979

Robert John, "Sad Eyes".  I actually bought his album to get his follow-up hit "Lonely Eyes" which some have described as Bee Gee-esque (below), bonus track.