Analytics

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Miscellany: 11/19/14

Quote of the Day
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. 
I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. 
I shall use my time.
Jack London

Image of the Day



Via Ron Paul

GruberMania

HT Carpe Diem



Barry "Flip-Flopper" Obama's Lawlessness

I don't necessarily disagree with Obama's immigration objectives, but assuming what has been reported is accurate, his prospective executive order is flatly unconstitutional: the ends do not justify the means. I do not know if the House can get an injunction against the target order.



Meet an Uber Driver



More Proposals









Political Cartoon
Courtesy of Nate Beeler via Townhall
Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Glen Campbell, "Galveston".  One of my favorite all-time songs, backed by a spectacular soaring arrangement. A sentimental, deceptive anti-war song, another brilliant interpretation of a Jimmy Webb song. I do have some questions of whether the soaring arrangement contradicts the song's wistful, sentimental theme, not unlike how the Cascade's bouncy "Rhythm of the Falling Rain" masks a lost love theme. The inner producer in me wants to maybe tweak Webb's lyrics and arrangement, experiment with a violin and/or sax, maybe do some ethereal echo sound indicative of  his loneliness, maybe some dark arrangement suggestive of his fear of dying. And this explains why I've never made a penny in the music business....