Analytics

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Miscellany: 2/04/16

Quote of the Day
Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. 
Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.
Margaret Cousins

Tweet of the Day

Some very odd Tweet statistics over the past 24 hours. I don't do tweets or blogposts for ratings (although, of course, any writer does appreciate recognition of his efforts). I have roughly a dozen or so followers, but two of my tweets have over 1000 views. Impressions vary by tweet, but a typical one draws maybe 2-3 dozen. For some odd reason, as of the time of this comment, most of today's tweets have been in the single-digit range after several hours--less than what I typically see in the first couple of minutes of publication. (I have noticed when I cite a post, I similarly see anemic readership for whatever reason.)
NOTE on Poll Coverage: I've been avoiding commenting on polls because  I think Iowa's results aren't factored in most interim results. Probably the most interesting is a PPP national poll with Trump 25 and Cruz & Rubio at 21. NH doesn't like to confirm Iowa results. Even the closest polls put Trump at a double digit lead in NH and it's been that way for weeks. I do expect the race to tighten over the weekend, but if Trump loses NH, it will be the biggest upset I've ever seen. I do think the Cruz campaign has proved it has a great ground game, but look at Rubio to pick up momentum on the electability front. I think Rubio will probably take second; Christie is fading fast and I think he withdraws if he doesn't place in NH. Rubio seems to be picking up steam; Santorum recently endorsed him after withdrawal and Tim Scott (R-SC) has done the same. For obvious reasons, I'm following SC closely. Graham has endorsed Bush. Gov. Haley?  I don't have inside knowledge, but I would be surprised if she doesn't support Rubio, mostly process of elimination. By the way, Election Betting Odds now shows Rubio with a nearly 60% chance of winning the nomination and 25% of winning NH.

Elton John Performs an Instrumental Medley of His Hits



The Assault of Progressive Government on the Middle Class



What Obama Should Do In His Last Year of Office





NOTE: I don't condone marijuana use, which I consider an abuse of one's body, but I have a general issue with prosecuting victimless crimes.


Soccer Star For the Day



Inspirational Chef



Political Cartoon

Courtesy of the original artist via IPI
Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Jim Croce, "Don't Mess Around With Jim"