Analytics

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Miscellany: 8/04/15

Quote of the Day
Never speak of yourself to others; 
make them talk about themselves instead: 
therein lies the whole art of pleasing.
J.E de Goncourt

Image of the Day


Are You Guilty of Microaggression?



Guest Post Comment: Memphis's Black Police Director does an anti-O'Malley on shooting of White cop: All Lives matter, not just Blacks

Okay, who made the idiotic header? You do realize that Martin O'Malley is the one who is the doghouse for saying "All lives matter", right? So how is a black police chief saying "All lives matter" an "anti-O'Malley"? It's more like "pro-O'Malley"..
Ahh, but O'Malley reversed himself hours later on CNN saying just Black Lives Matter. That's the reference in the header.
He's said it twice. He apologized to the PC police for obvious reasons. Clinton and Sanders have also done essentially the same. 

The issue in saying "everyone matters" is that it comes across as patronizing and dismissive. It's like you say to someone you have problems. The other person says, "You think you've got problems? I've got problems; everybody has problems."

The odd thing is that O'Malley was the long-time mayor of Baltimore, a majority black city which recently saw the Freddie Gray death-related protests.

As a libertarian, I stand for equal protection of unalienable (negative) individual rights. I also think that government meddling, often morally hazardous, has been, at best, a mixed blessing for black communities. At the same time, I think we need to recognize black communities have issues that have been exacerbated by bad public policies.

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/07/31/427851451/democratic-candidates-stumble-over-black-lives-matter-movement

The High-Profile Climate "Science" Propagandists



Choose Life: Once, Twice, Three Times a Lady



Facebook  Corner

(National Review). "Many Republican voters are so disgusted with their party that they are immediately attracted to anyone who voices the outrage they feel." -- Thomas Sowell
Donald "Four Bankruptcies" Trump is a self-serving, mediocre idiot who believes in manipulating gullible celebrity- worshipping minions by saying the stupidest things possible, whose only political principle is self-promotion. Any one who thinks a billionaire trying to buy the presidency is a good thing is just as stupid as he is.
(Catholic Libertarians). Aww, A Libertarian Future is upset that we "shamelessly" shared a link to their recent public poll asking libertarians about abortion here on this "unprincipled" page, thereby "tampering with" and "corrupting" their otherwise highly-accurate method of obtaining statistically-significant results using the reputable "facebook post" polling method. I guess no pro-abortion "libertarian" pages shared their poll... anyway, here are the results. 
The split I've seen cited in the past is that about 1 in 3 libertarians is pro-life, the others pro-abort. I get a number of unsolicited libertarian feeds; I don't know if I would have seen their poll otherwise. Clearly a pro-abort trolled your post. I posted my opinion, which was wholly my own decision to make. I don't 't think I earned a lot of likes, but I'm used to that. But heaven forbid that you promoted their unscientific poll.. Their childish response lost them a potential follower.

Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Kenny Rogers, "A Love Song". I LOVE this song  (written by Lee "God Bless the USA" Greenwood). My #2 favorite Kenny hit ("Lady").